Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hippie baby sling

It worked! Le Petit has been asleep in the sling for most of the evening and I have both hands free to eat dinner and write blog entries! The key was to nurse him in the sling until he fell asleep. We'll see what he truly thinks of it when he wakes up, but I'm hopeful. I'm already imagining myself carrying him around the trendy bobo neighborhoods of Paris. We'll be hitting the organic food shops in the 11th arrondissement together to pick up fair trade baby food. Or something.

Now, how do I get him out of this thing so we can both (hopefully) sleep through the rest of the night?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he fell asleep in the sling! Do you find it comfortable/easy to use? I'm looking for one to purchase and there seem to be SO many available on the internet.

Parisienne Mais Presque said...

Julie,

Well, we tried it again and it was less of a success. It isn't as easy as it looks. I think that if I'd started using it right after he was born I'd have an easier time, but I'm not giving up yet. There's a really good website with baby carrier information and reviews: http://www.thebabywearer.com/. It would also be useful to find another local mom who can show you or give you advice.